What is Digital Marketing?
Digital Marketing is the use of digital technology to deliver your marketing messages and to allow your customers to interact with your business.
Traditionally marketing has been about promoting your messages to your client. With technology, now you can begin a dialogue with your customers and give what they actually want and not want you to believe they want. Often there is quite a gap and digital marketing is what enables you to communicate one to one with your consumers and on a mass scale.To know more about digital marketing you can also read about social media for small business.
So what areas do digital marketing cover?
For me, Digital Marketing includes:
- Web Sites which includes:
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) – Getting found on Google etc
- Pay Per Click (PPC) – Paying for somebody to get you on Google etc
- Banner Adverts – Paying for banners to get visitants to your site
- E-commerce – The capacity to buy and sell products, services, and information over the Internet.
- Consumer Reviews – Consumer reviews are a great way to get consumers onto your eCommerce site as they make the purchasing choice easier as the reviews are by users who have purchased the product. Whole businesses are created around this concept such as TripAdvisor.
- Blogs. Personal websites with stories, expert opinion etc that you believe will help your readers, customers, and stakeholders.
- Social Media. Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, YouTube, Google+, Ushi, Xing etc. These are web-based systems that allow you to compare and share information such as ideas, links, photos, videos with like-minded people. They can also create income for your business and so can be routed to market for your business.