Is there a difference between a cup and a mug? A mug is a type of cup that is sturdier. It comes without a saucer while a cup usually comes with a saucer. They are taken as a pair. A mug can either have a handle or not have one on its sides. There are also mugs with two handles available in the market. Mugs are of big sizes and mostly cylindrical in shape than cups.
The differences between a cup and funny coffee mugs for farmers are:
- Both are used for drinking beverages though the mug is bigger and thicker than a cup
- Tea is served from cups while coffee and chocolate is drank in mugs
- Both are usually made in ceramics but also made from glass and metal
- Cups always have handles on their side while mugs may have a handle or not
- Cups come with a saucer, mugs do not
- Most companies use mugs as their promotional tools.
A cup is used to hold fluids for drinking, it is mostly made of ceramics but can also be made out of other materials such as metal, glass and porcelain. It is found in almost all parts of the world. They come in different sizes, styles and shapes such as cylindrical and conical.